Up, down, left, right, upside down, sideways, backwards, curling, spiraling and twisting. If a human being can contort their bodies into a position. Then they’ve also found a way to have sex in that position.
If there is one thing people can get creative about, it is having sex. Ever wondered what is the hardest sex position? Find out below with our 20 Sex Positions Facts
- While missionary position is the most popular position in the United States, it is not popular worldwide.
- The most popular sex position worldwide is doggy style.
- The missionary position is also called “the matrimonial,” “the Mama-Papa position,” “the English-American position,” and “the male superior position.”
- 66.7 per cent of female participants ranked missionary as their favourite sex position, and cowgirl and spooning took the second spot on this list.
- Sex positions in which the woman is on her back can be unsafe during late stages of pregnancy. Specifically, a woman should avoid laying on her back after the 4th month of pregnancy because the weight of the growing uterus can put pressure on major blood vessels.
- Men who suffer from premature ejaculation find that the woman-on-top position helps their problem. For some men, woman on top reduces penile sensitivity and anxiety, which helps them delay climax.
- Sexual positions beyond missionary are technically illegal in Washington, D.C.
- Women consistently rank these three positions as their least favorite:
- 1) doggy style
- 2) reverse cowgirl
- 3) 69
Just to add: I find it interesting the most popular sex position worldwide is doggystyle yet women rate it as their least favorite position.
- Women report that doggy style is often painful, reverse cowgirl is too awkward, and 69 is too distracting to really enjoy themselves.
- The Kama Sutra, written between the 1st and 4th centuries AD, contains descriptions of 64 sexual positions, known as the 64 Atrs. Its author, Vatsyayana, believed that there were 8 ways of making love ,multiplied by 8 positions within each of those, for a total of 64. It describes making love as a “divine union.”
- While having sex in the water might allow to creative sex positions, seawater, the pool, or a Jacuzzi is full of all kinds of bacteria that can lead to a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection, or worse.
- Side-by-side positions are one of the most relaxed positions and are ideal for older or sleepy couples, during pregnancy, or after an illness or surgery.
- In the Middle Ages, some people believed that children who were conceived in “unnatural” sex positions might experience birth defects.
- The missionary position is the most common position used for couples having sex for the first time because it is typically viewed as “non-threatening and loving.
- Speculum al foderi is a 15th century text devoted to sexual positions. Sometimes translated as “The Mirror of Coitus” or literally “a mirror for fuckers,” it describes the art of various sexual positions.
- Due to the lack of eye contact in the “doggy style” sexual position, some researchers believe that humans biologically evolved out of this sex position in search of another position that promoted intimacy, which in turn fostered stable, long-term relationships.
- The term “missionary position” is believed to have derived from Christian missionaries in the South Pacific or Africa. According to the missionaries, this was the “proper” sexual position because in the Bible, man is said to have superior position to women in all things, including sex.
- One of the most difficult sexual positions is the standing position. It often takes great flexibility and balance to enjoy.
- As per a survey, the most difficult sex position was standing 69. About 56.8 per cent women and 42.7 per cent of men voted this position as most uncomfortable and in turn, stress-inducing
Share this post the read 57 Facts about sex
Thanks for reading…