Searching for Some Facts About Facebook? We’ve got you covered!
Facebook is changing it’s name to Meta. Which is designed to be inclusive of the other properties owned by the company. We thought this would be a good time to find some Facebook Facts and put them out in the world and maybe even the Metaverse
Facts about Facebooks User Numbers and Facebook Traffic.
- American and Canadian users make up only 10% of Facebook users worldwide.
- India has 22.3% of all Facebook users with a whopping 290 million users
- 66% of the United Kingdoms population are Facebook users
- A quarter of the worlds population log in to Facebook everyday. A total of 1.62 billion users daily.
- Facebook mobile users represent 88% of total users
What Happens in one minute on Facebook?
- 400 users create new accounts
- 510,000 comments are posted
- 136,000 photos are uploaded
- 4 million post are liked
Facts about the Age of Facebook Users
- 40% are 65 years old and up
- 84% of millennials are Facebook users
- 74% of Gen X uses Facebook
- Men using Facebook between the ages of 18-24 make up 15%
- Facebooks largest demographic is Men aged between 25 and 34.
- Female users between the ages of 24-35 are responsible for 13% of users
Facts about Facebooks Traffic and Advertising
- Mobile Facebook advertisements were responsible for an estimated 36 billion calls to US businesses in 2019.
- The highest global Facebook traffic occurs on Wednesday and Thursday, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 93% of Social Marketers use Facebook
- In the third quarter of 2019, ad impressions had increased by 37%
- In the third quarter of 2019, the cost per ad impression decreased by 6%.
- 94% of Facebooks ad revenue stemming from mobile devices.
- Facebook brought in an estimated 34.35 billion dollars just in mobile ad revenue in 2019.
- This is a 106% increase from the 12.37 billion spent on ads in 2016
- Facebook mobile users spend 57 minutes on the app per day
- This is the average time that people use the Facebook app every day, totalling an average of 28 hours every month, or a yearly 14 complete days, with an estimated 20,000 minutes a year.
- Mobile-first video ads generate more than half of Facebook’s total video revenue
Facts about Content on Facebook
- Videos are responsible for 11% of Facebook Content
- 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook daily
- 8 billion video views are gained daily
- Videos originally posted on Facebook have 10x the potential reach of other video sites such as YouTube
- A recent study found that people watch 85% of videos without sound
- Square videos get 35% more views that those in landscape
- If a Facebook video is watched for longer than 3 seconds, it counts as a view.