Everything you need to know about Drinking Urine To Survive! 20 fact list.
Although most of us rarely think about it, we all fear finding ourselves in a survival situation. In every type of survival situation imaginable, being without water, makes the chance of survival drop considerably.
As you know, water is a key to your survival. A human can only survive 1 to 3 days without water.
For some people, drinking urine meant the difference between living and dying.
People who survived by Drinking Urine
In 2008, Shen Peiyun was a 31-year-old power-plant executive in China. When he survived by drinking urine after an earthquake left him trapped in the rubble, pinned under a fallen ceiling, for almost a week, 146 hours to be exact.
Two Nuns –
In 2015 two Roman Catholic nuns survived being stuck in an elevator during a heat wave by drinking urine.
Due to a power failure in the four story building they lived in, the elevator they were riding got stuck between floors. For three days the nuns remained stuck, until a cleaning lady noticed they were missing and alerted authorities.
According to their doctors, their decision to drink their own urine was the only reason they survived.
Everything you need to know about Drinking Urine To Survive!
- Urine is 95% water
- Because of this, you can drink urine in survival situations
- You can drink urine 1 – 3 times before it becomes too concentrated to drink.
4. Each time, the urines color will be darker because of the higher concentration of waste products
5. There are over 3,000 compounds in urine which vary depending on what you ate, medications taken, environmental contaminants, and waste metabolites
6. The main compounds in urine are
7. When someone says urine is “clean”, they mean urine doesn’t have “much” bacteria in it
8. The more dehydrated a person is, the less water is in the urine. Thus, the concentration of waste products is higher in urine from dehydrated people
9. Your kidneys filter waste products into urine. When you drink urine, you are putting all of this waste back into your body – much of which will end up back in your kidneys
10. Drinking urine can cause symptoms similar to kidney failure
11. If you have suffered a crushing injury, then drinking urine will be even more dangerous
12. Damaged muscle fiber cells leak potassium and phosphorous into the blood. The kidneys already will have a hard time clearing these. Someone drinking urine would put even more strain on the kidneys.
13. Some scientist believe drinking straight urine will not rehydrate you.
15. The only way of safely drinking urine is to remove the contaminants it contains
16. There are only two ways to remove contaminates from urine
17. One is reverse osmosis, which uses extremely high pressures to force water through a membrane that literally passes only water
18. The other is through distillation—essentially evaporating out the water molecules and letting them condense again in a different vessel for drinking.
19. Neither of these methods will remove the taste or smell from the urine
20. To keep yourself from having to drink your own urine, it is vital to keep a mechanical purifier or a combination of treatment devices in your emergency kit.
Conclusion to Everything you need to know about Drinking Urine To Survive!
Let’s hope you don’t find yourself needing to drink your own urine. But if you do, I hope you remember reading this page, maybe it will help you survive.
Until then, and I hate that I have to say this, but don’t go around drinking urine, it’s not good for you and should only be a last ditch effort to survive.
Don’t forget to share, Everything you need to know about Drinking Urine To Survive! Useful 20 fact list!