Can we agree that fact lists are fun? Since we agree fact lists are fun, how about we add a touch of bizarre and see what we get.
I’ve rounded up 20 bizarre facts you can drop into any conversation and spice things up immediately. Enjoy 20 Bizarre Facts – Weird, Unusual, Odd & Strange Fact List
20 Bizarre Facts
- From 1953 to 1957, NBC’s Today Show had a chimpanzee co-host named J. Fred Muggs. It is estimated he earned the network around $100 million.
- Apples, peaches, and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
- There is a geocache on the International Space Station placed in 2008. It has since been visited four times by other astronauts.
- Canada eats more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world.
- Scotland wanted to replicate the Parthenon bigger and cheaper in 1826. It was never completed and is now nicknamed “Scotland’s Disgrace”.
- Humans have been performing dentistry since 7000BC, which makes dentists one of the oldest professions. We all know about the first profession.
- In every scene of Fight Club, there is a Starbucks coffee cup.
- The first-ever documented feature film was made in Australia in 1906.
- Ancient Roman surgeons were trained to block out the screams of human pain.
- The NYPD had a police officer follow Andre the Giant whenever he went out drinking. Among other things, this was to make sure he didn’t get drunk and fall on anyone.
- A strawberry is not an actual berry, but a banana is.
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup, Ritz Crackers, DumDums, and Oreos are all vegan.
- The sound of a Star Wars lightsaber was created by pairing together the sound of an idle film projector and the buzz from an old TV set.
- Your tonsils can grow back if there was tissue left behind during the removal process.
- In Israel, it is illegal to bring bears to the beach.
- There is an uninhabited island in the Bahamas known as Pig Beach, which is populated entirely by swimming pigs.
- Without saliva, humans are unable to taste food.
- It snowed in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes on February 18, 1979.
- In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10pm.
- William Shakespeare had a curse engraved on his tombstone to prevent anyone from moving his bones.
BONUS BIZARRE FACTS:
- A group of horses will not go to sleep at the same time – at least one of them will stay awake to look out for the others.
- Snoop Dogg’s real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr. His nickname came from his mother who thought he looked like Snoopy from the Peanuts comic strip.